Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Bunny Garden?

Not much to report... The bunnies are doing just fine and today they are enjoying watching the snow fall.

My favorite grocery store was just bought out by my most hated grocery store. However, now they have Earthbound Farm 5 oz containers for $0.99 on the day they expire... I love getting $0.99 quality lettuce for the bunnies. Of course, I carefully check the containers before I buy them and before they are fed. Normally they are still good for 2-3 days after the expiration date. 3 bunnies can eat a whole container in a matter of minutes, so every penny counts for their produce bill.

I'm trying to figure out if it'd be worth it to plant lettuces and other greens for them this spring. I'm going to expand the chicken pen and do grazing pens for them, but I bet I could do the bunny ones in containers? Maybe... Hmm... still time to decide. I'm sure they would love fresh as could be lettuce, basil, mint, and much more. I know they love bell peppers, so they can get some of those too.

Have you done a garden for the bunnies?

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...